Junior Online Editor & Project Manager (Magazine & Social Media)
Location: HQ Vienna, Austria
As our Junior Online Editor, you will be in charge of creating exciting content for our international Online Magazine and Social Media channels. You´ll be working with the online team in Vienna and worldwide. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who has an affinity for arts and wishes to work in a multicultural environment, with a large community of creative individuals.
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international venture.
Our snapshots are characterized by vibrant colours, surprise effects and pure spontaneity. We have over a million creative members across the world and invite you to let loose, ignite your inspiration and to catapult your shots around the globe through our online platform. Whether you’re a complete novice or a seasoned pro, everyone can harness the photographic power to create something incredible. Don’t think – just shoot!
- Conduct research and interviews with photographers and creatives, to write unique articles for our Online Magazine
- Coordinate the schedule of articles with other writers worldwide for the international Online Magazine
- Create engaging content that will appeal to Lomography’s audience and ensure a consistent tone of voice
- Brainstorm and implement new formats and article series
- Participate in the execution of the social media schedule on all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, …)
- Work closely with the Senior Social Media Manager for the production of social media assets
- Performance monitoring and reporting routines of social media posts and magazine articles
- Support with international marketing campaigns
- Fluent in English (preferably native speaker)
- Previous experience in copywriting for an online or printed publication, or in content curation
- Educational background in Journalism/Media, Art/Creative Multimedia, Humanities/Liberal Arts, Linguistics/Languages, or equivalent.
- Basic analogue photography experience
- Familiar with Office pack, some basics with Photoshop or any photo editing tools/apps are a plus
- Previous experience with social media platforms
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO is a plus
- Working autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Creative and organized with an ability to meet strict deadlines
What we offer
- The opportunity to contribute to the Lomography legacy and to interact with a large community of creative individuals
- Test all the Lomography gear you ever dreamt of and more
- Be part of a young, international team who loves to occasionally hang out after work
- We always work on interesting new projects, so there’s never a dull moment
- A lomographic welcome package & employee discounts
- Start date: flexible
- According to collective agreement this position will be paid with a minimum gross salary of 14 × EUR 1700 a year, including social benefits, plus employee benefit fund deposits. Depending on qualifications and experience, overpayment is of course possible.
If you are looking for a young and dynamic organization and are interested in a position where you can develop your skills and take over new responsibilities, apply now to join the Lomography Team by sending your application (resume, cover letter) to:
and please wait to be contacted by us.